- I wrote about my Foxwoods trip on Saturday. I had so much fun, I've already figured out the next time in early March that I can go back! Having experienced the poker room last time, I can see myself trying out the Omaha tables next time.
- Skip's stitches come out tomorrow! She's been in bed since January 13th and, boy, is she ready to get up. She's been much weaker lately, having some significant problems with her hands, requiring MW or me to help her eat and hold her water bottle while she drinks. We're all hopeful that getting up again will be a positive change, helping her shake off this weakness.
- This house is just filled with stuff to sell. For example, I decided we'd really need to get rid of some of the kitchen stuff we have. In my first look at the cupboards under the counter, I spied in the back a copper bowl used to whisk egg whites for making souffles. This is an artifact from our entertaining days. Skip was a chef before MS and we used to have great dinner parties for our friends back in the day. I haven't whisked an egg in that bowl for more than 20 years, so it's time for it to go. Best of all, on eBay, the used ones like ours sell for between $30 and $50. Woo hoo!
- A load of gold jewelry I had for sale at a local multi-dealer antiques shop sold in one fell swoop. Bam!
- We had some improvements done in closets downstairs. The quote was reasonable and the work was done on schedule as promised and within budget. Yowza!
- We stopped having the house cleaned to save money, which has resulted in a far less clean house than I'd like. To have the place in shape for showing to prospective buyers, we're starting back with the wonderful couple that used to clean it for us. They're coming for a major cleaning on Saturday. It couldn't be soon enough, from my perspective.
2 days ago