Monday, January 2, 2012

Feeling Good

It's day 7 on Weight Watchers and I'm very happy I started back on the program. I've experienced a definite improvement in my outlook, going from pessimistic to optimistic. Using the WW program gives me some control over a bad situation. I felt like I was just going to continue gaining weight and getting further out of shape, compromising my ability to be a good caregiver and impacting my longevity (I now realize at 55 that I won't live forever!). Losing weight and getting active helps to turn this 180 degrees -- taking care of Skip and, most importantly, taking care of myself.

It feels great to be doing something positive for myself.

5 comments:

lightning36 said...

Sounds like a great start. Seeing my weight drop and knowing that I was moving in the right direction were always motivators for me. Keep up the good work!

Have Myelin? said...

Good for you! =)

That's key, feeling better!

Cranky said...

Thanks, Lightning and Sherry!

Josie said...

Congrats! Losing weight is sooo good physically and mentally. I see lightning has followed me to your blog....stalker! lol jk

Cranky said...

VJ - thanks, I agree.